Saturday 25 October 2008

Wildlife weekend

After saying goodbye to my parents who have travelled home today we headed off to get on with some outdoor jobs. Before we got to the boys paddock a deer ran in front of us and through the field, the hounds were out and about and had obviously disturbed her.

Then we had the pleasure of watching a stoat that was playing chase with a leaf on our lane, it was so engrossed it didn't notice us for quite some time. The funniest wildlife encounter of the day was actually the first one, Paul picked up a sack of weeds and promptly put it back down again asking to borrow my dads walking stick. Why you might ask, he thought he saw something in the sack; having been bit by a snake some years ago it has to be said he is quite paranoid about 'things' hiding in dark places.

After poking the bag and nothing appearing he then jabbed it a few times and a tiny field mouse come running out which caused Paul to screech like a girl!! It did honest. Poor little mouse will now have to go and find a new warm and waterproof house. It made my parents and I laugh if nothing else and I've been telling him all day I was going to tell the world he squeals like a girl!

3 comments:

Rob @ Wellground said...

A squealer eh!!!!

You'll never live this one down Paul ;o))

Anonymous said...

I am sure I have been mis-quoted in this wildlife episode?!

Paul

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I have witnesses!