Monday 26 September 2011

Canadian visitor for breakfast

The sun has been shining, the alpacas are happy and I have been talking alpacas all day so I am happy.

This morning we had a visit from Jane Orrom from Laurentian alpacas in Canada, we had a lovely chat over the morning alpaca feeding routine.  It was really interesting to compare the routine things we do and talk about how show differ across the pond.

The alpacas were rather damp but a little fleece fondling was a must and as usual Minimus was a firm favourite, he is such a cutie in every sense of the word.

After spending a couple of hours with the alpacas we came back to the house to look at what I do with our fleece and give Jane even more determined to learn to spin and knit - I'll be keeping my eye on your website Jane so you better stick to your word!

This evening I had a lovely lady who we'd met at a recent show who is thinking about keeping alpacas.  Hopefully I didn't talk too much, sorry once I start you can't shut me up, alpacas just have that effect on people.

One thing I forgot to mention last night, after all the hard work over the weekend my brother got to have a little play in the tractor, it looks like they were playing hook a wheelbarrow!!

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hook a wheel barrow looks like fun !....Im doing hook a bale !! at the moment !!....haven't found any little yellow ducks....though !!.....alpaca chatter ....there is no better topic.....and Thanks Debbie.....nice to see you dare to have the same opinion as ME !!.....Jayne