Wednesday 14 December 2011

Green nudgy smoke (Paul)

Hi all.  Yes, Debbie is still about, I'm blogging for a couple of days whilst she writes Christmas cards and is currently having a sneaky little snooze - I just nudged her so she is awake again...she is complaining that she is tired because she has been moving fence posts and rails around all day and I have been "in my cosy tractor" - well my tractor doesn't have heated handle bars does it!

Any way, it was great to see and read all the comments yesterday about the solar pv - I did wonder if the blog posting would prompt any interest and clearly it did!  Di (at Llama Karma) I wouldn't mind details of the bluetooth thingy if you don't mind? There are so many green energy options to choose from and as ever the devil is in the detail.  If anyone out there is considering ground source heat pump or solar pv just drop us an email or give us a call and we will happily share our experiences.

(just nudged her again)

We spent all day at the hill (again) today fencing with Trigger and (carding) Dave.  We now have one paddock totally fenced and gated, with number two not far behind - I'm sure that will be tomorrows reported success!  On the flip side the poorly maintained land drainage systems are showing their age and sections of the land are really wet and muddy - Trigger tells me that is a summer job, but to remember where the winter water was - not sure my memory is that good!

(nudge)

Yesterday I mentioned a few of our planned heating components, like our stove (multi fuel fire) and today we were met by Steve, our lead builder who wanted to show us what the stonemasons had done with some of the stone Debbie and I had collected of our land.  We were absolutely delighted with the fireplace so far - what do you think?
(nudge)
Paul

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

The fireplace looks lovely...just needs a nice cosy stove in there and some toasty toes...sitting by the roaring fire !!....(soon)Jayne

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Nice bit of masonry Paul.

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Thanks Dave, I claim no credit whatsoever! Paul