Tuesday 6 January 2009

The year ahead

I have been busy filling in my 2009 BAS wall calender with all the forthcoming alpaca births, shows and events and it's already got plenty of entries on there. I can't believe that our first cria is due 11 weeks today.

It is one of the girls we have for sale, Molly, so we may not have her by the time she comes to birth. Molly & her sister Millie would be ideal as part of a starter herd along with one of the other girls we have for sale. I'm hoping that Millie & Molly will stay together as they are great friends having always lived together.

Our tickets for the Alpaca Futurity have arrived, it was a great event last year and something I would definitely recommend. We actually bought Little Miss Irraquoy at the elite auction, she's nuts, we love her to bits. We are looking forward to this year event although we won't be taking the cheque book for any animals this year!

Again I failed miserably at taking the camera out with me this morning, the new hay manger went down a treat and would have made a lovely shot. If it is nice tomorrow I'll endeavour to take it out as I've not put any photo's on here for a while and I'm getting complained at.

No comments: