Friday 12 February 2010

Not totally wasted

I have been waiting in again all day today for the courier to collect my fleece for it's little drive to the mini mill.

I was assured that they would be here before 5pm, and yes you guessed it they never arrived. Unreliability is a real pet hate of mine, it doesn't take much to pick up the phone to let me know they weren't going to make it.

As the title suggests though the day hasn't been totally wasted. I have priced up and labeled the latest batch of knitting from my mum and checked out exactly what yarn I have left and made a list of 'must haves' out of it.

I have also washed some yarn that I spun a little while ago, my spinning wheel is in need of attention and plying it was really difficult. I am very critical and think it is a little over spun so this will be used for a bag I think - definitely not a garment anyway.

I have actually ordered myself a new spinning wheel which I am collecting on my way back from the futurity at the end of the month. I can't wait to do some more spinning. I have decided I want to do a bit of a flecked effect as I have a nice idea for a scarf. You may have to wait a while to see the finished product mind!

Following on from yesterdays blog, Kealani kept her coat on last night. This probably had something to do with the torrential rain that begain minutes after I blogged about nice fluffy alpacas!!

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Typical...we have been treated with another dry day !!.....Jayne