Wednesday 11 May 2011

No baby no bobbles

Well despite another 12 hours spent in the field Mallika still hasn't produced.  I've got to be honest at one point this morning I was starting to think she was at least thinking about it.  Today is the first day I've thought she looked likely so fingers crossed not much longer to wait.

Spending all day in the fields is great, the alpacas just see me as part of the scenery so go about their business quite happily.  Mallika came and rolled at my feet at one point, I' sure it was to show me she had plenty of milk and to save me having to get down on my hands and knees at tea time to check - it's much easier when they've been shorn!

Carol popped over this afternoon with her knitting so we sat knitting and chatting for a while with the girls coming to check on quality and progress every now and again. 

I'm trying to knit a bobble hat which wasn't going according to plan.  Having spent an absolute age knitting the bobbles on one row I had ended up with not enough stitches and three bobbles short so ended up having to pull it down.  I think I've sussed it now.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I have not tried bobbles - still struggling with socks!