Sunday 15 April 2012

Chasing at Barnacre

The weather over the last couple of days has been mixed to say the least, we've had sun, snow rain and hail all with in a few hours if not minutes of each other.

We have been trying to get on with the never ending fencing job, but with some of the ordered wood still not here it is proving challenging to say the least.  Today we did manage to get 200 meters of stock fencing wire attached so in between everything else I need to get that stapled on completely.

The lambs are starting to come thick and fast now, we've had 15 born over the last two day including two sets of twins a couple of hours ago; why they don't birth at sensible hours like the alpacas is beyond me!

As for my abandoned lamb, don't worry Jayne I won't make any rash decisions.  I have had quite a few foster lambs over the last few years though in varying stages of life and death including ones starved of oxygen at birth and the 'slow' ones and this little girl is different.  She is still alive but not great today, I'm still trying all I can but I fear the outcome will not be good.

On a much funnier note, I caught Freyja playing chase the chicken again today!  She will be two years old in a few months and is still so immature, she is lovely though and I love her just the way she is.

She has obviously been watching me play chase the lamb and wanted to play too!!

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Chase the chicken looks like a great game....sounds like you are going to be busy lambing !!....

Shirley said...

Can't believe how much work you guys get through with all your animals. Well done! Shirley & Robbie

Andrew said...

Our boys play stalk the Pheasant. Its almost the same but they havent worked out what to do when they get close yet.