Thursday 1 November 2012

Ladies that lunch

I've had a lovely day today, the alpaca have all enjoyed a spot of sunshine before the rain has returned again tonight and I've enjoyed some time with a great friend.

After the morning feed rounds, filling all the hay supplies and giving the two boys their bottles I headed off for a meeting about  new event for us this year, the  North Tyneside Victorian Christmas Market.  We had been invited along with our alpacas so wee needed to check out space and location.

They have a great spot for us, so mark your diaries, we will be there 8th & 9th December with some of the boys and whatever knitwear we have left, there have been more on-line sales today and we are at Morpeth Farmers Market on Saturday morning.

After my meeting Gill, young Taylor and I went for lunch, very nice it was too.  It's not very often I get me time so I thoroughly enjoyed it.  So thank you Gill we will have to do it again sometime, it made a lovely change neither of us having to cook.

This evening I have been weighing a few of the cria, there are some huge variations this year in weight gain.  Thankfully Azrael has gained weight today, mind you the way he's been tucking into his milk and nice warm sugarbeet today I should hope so.

I have quite a little following now, Azrael, Bridie and Liberty all want to eat sugarbeet from my hand and Prodigiosus comes for his milk; it's so nice to be popular!

No comments: