Sunday 24 February 2013

A welcome treat

Oops I'm in trouble again for not blogging since Wednesday, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

I've been busy with a variety of things since Wednesday.  Along with the usual every day jobs I've received an order for 12 balls of hand spun Barnacre Alpaca yarn so that's going to take me a while, I've been doing a bit each night.

There have also been a number of additions of knitwear in our on line shop, including ladies and men's gloves which always sell out quickly and some baby wear.

This weekend our great friends Gill and Ross have been up, Paul and Ross were repairing a fence knocked down by our neighbours horses.  All the posts were rotten and it was in an inaccessible area for the tractor so it was manual knocking this time.

Whilst the boys were doing that job Gill and I were mucking out the girls, there are a lot of them in there so it takes some doing!

Today has been weigh day for all the weanlings, and with the exception of Pepe everyone has gained weight, I'm not sure if there was a problem with the scales with Pepe as he's happy and eating and doesn't look to have lost weight.  I'll keep a close eye on him and weigh him again mid week.

It was also AD&E paste time, I'm not sure if anyone else has found that since the colour has changed and the vitamin K has been added hardly any of the alpacas like it, in previous years most have happily enjoyed it.  I might have to switch to injectable, but I hate injected when there is another option.

Paul & I are still very excited about the arrival of Sunburst in a few weeks, and to celebrate we have decided to off a £75 discount off all matings to him for the first five customers, in addition to our multiple mating discount, get in touch if you are interested.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ours won't have the paste from Eggs Port now that they have changed the formula but the paste from Alpaca and Llama Care still goes down well. We inject the blacks but like you find paste a more pleasant option!

Bev said...

Our boys all love the Alpaca and Llama Care paste, and try to suck more than there share out of the tube!