Thursday 20 August 2020

Faith again!!


Hi everyone, it’s Faith again. I can’t believe that it is the summer holidays already but this is good because it means that I get to go up soon. Yay! And so can you, because walk and talks are back on. In this blog I am going to tell you about some of the amazing things that my Auntie and Uncle (Debbie and Paul) have been up to lately.

First of all, they have some deers that keep on visiting them in one of the fields, I hope that I get to see them while I am there. I don’t think that I have ever seen a deer in person before, have you?

They have also been mating some of the girls that have already had their babies. As well as this, they have cria sheared some of the earlier cria which is the first time every.

 

Wow! They have finished all of the hay, this was in 5 fields, 55 acres approximately, it took a few long days to get all that done.

They have had some very warm weather, why couldn’t I have that on holiday :( . But they also had a monsoon, a bit like me on holiday, rain, rain and rain. On a funny note, some of the alpacas seem to be creating a Mud Pack Gang. With this warm weather the alpacas kept on using the water troughs as a you might say a cooling station, so out came a paddling pool.

Thank you to everybody who purchases thing from the shop or spends any money at Barnacre Alpacas as the money is helping towards vet bills for Endeavour and Pablo. Now that Pablo has had his metal plate removed that should hopefully mean no more vet visits for Pablo. Endeavour has had his pins removed and he still needs to do his physio, his pins are being tested to make sure they are using the correct antibiotics for the infection. Fingers crossed (only one hand) he will get better.

No comments: