Sunday 14 June 2009

Splish splash

It has been a very hot day today and the girls have been stretched out sun bathing and the usual few have been paddling in the water troughs. I decided to put the sprinkler on for them to see if anyone wanted to play.

They were a bit wary at first but curiosity soon got the better of them. Geena and Gabby loved it, I managed to get a bit of video so I will get Paul to upload it for me tomorrow so I can share it with you.

It is quite funny, at tea time we had a shower of rain and everyone ran for the shelter. It was obviously the wrong sort of rain!

I am pleased to report that Hughie is much happier today, well until it was time for his antibiotic injection! The flies are a bit of a worry though so he is being constantly sprayed with repellent and I've been checking to make sure nothing has been where it shouldn't.

Poor little Zahirah is really worrying me, hasn't had a good day today, she has been very flat despite taking her bottle and has spent most of the day inside asleep. I'll be on the phone to the vet in the morning.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Sorry to hear your news about Zahira..what can I say, thinking of you all at this very sad time.
Nice to hear that Hughie is feeling a little better..you need some better luck, I'm sure that this run of disasters has really tested your spirit...hang on in there, and don't loose sight of the nicer times ...ahead ...Best Wishes .....Jayne x