Sunday 17 January 2010

How bizarre

I will keep this very brief tonight for fear of the machine crashing. I have no phone, there is a fault on the line so I wasn't expecting the internet to work. Not wanting to disappoint my loyal readers I thought I would just check, and it worked!

It has been a lovely day today, the snow has continued to melt, so much so the boys got to go out into their big field today which is the first time in over four weeks.

We have also been able to do some clearing up. I had been having to pile up soiled bedding etc as the weather had been far to bad for me to get it to the muck heap. This straw was not only dirty it was now soaking wet and was like moving concrete. It has taken all day but at least the place is looking better.

I am intending to get the muck truck out tomorrow and do some poo picking now sufficient snow has cleared so I can a, see it and b, open the gates wide enough to get the quad in. Hopefully this will be complete before the snow arrives next week:-(

As I said it has been a nice day today, I think the alpacas were thinking Spring was in the air as they'd become so used to freezing temperatures. The girls were grazing and looking much happier with life. The weanlings were running round jumping on each other and Hughie and Guinea were having a bit of a scrap too.

I checked Hughie the other day for fighting teeth, he is two and a half now and I don't want any issues as he likes to have a rough and tumble with the others.

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Glad you have had a nice day...you say snow next week !!....I hope not, the boys can be a nuisance with their fighting teeth ....I hope that the snow continues to melt and we can have some much warmer days......bring on the spring......thats what I say..Jayne

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

I noticed bulbs poking their heads out of the soil here today!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Bulbs!!! We still have two inches of snow in most of the fields.