Thursday 3 March 2011

Not today thank you

Well at last the quad is now taxed, after trying to do it on line, two trips to the post office and then the DVLA office in Gosforth.

Following on from my trip to Morpeth post office on Monday I had to go to the dentist in Gosforth today so went armed with all I had been told I needed to renew the road tax, renewal notice, insurance certificate and V5 document.

I thought the day was going to well, nothing required at the dentist, I escaped with just a check up so off to the Post Office and there wasn't a huge queue.  I had some alpaca nesting material to post and a few letters then finally on to the road tax......  Only to be told I can't do it.

At this point I almost lost it, what do you mean you can't do it, I've bought everything you asked for!  After a lengthy 'discussion' the extremely unhelpful, but polite, lady behind the counter suggested that I go to the DVLA office. 

I couldn't believe it, but Paul ushered my out and off we went to the DVLA office who renewed it without question!  The post office obviously didn't like the fact that the cost of the road tax for once was nil!!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Glad it is renewed!
I have spent 3 months trying to open a Post Office Savings Account and have now given up on that idea!

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Ha ha! so 'ushered' is short for:
"dragged out screaming and kicking" - it's just sad that our Post Offices are unable to give us good service.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

What a palava !.....thats what happens when you try to do things by the book.....no one ever rides quads on the road without any tax......do they !....I can't imagine that the local farmers would go to such lengths !.....Jayne

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Spot on Dave, and Jayne I said the said the same thing.