Monday 27 April 2009

All quiet

It has been a quiet day on the animal front, other than my hourly checks on the girls, and still nothing to report on that front.

I have been catching up on paperwork and trying to sort out our marketing for the next few months. I've also got the fleeces ready to be picked up tomorrow to head off down to the National Show next weekend. We have also entered some animals but with two girls overdue and another in the birthing window I'm not sure if it will be one or both of us going with the show team.

I have also been trying to track down James Dixon the shearer to get a date booked in the diary, he is in the country so I'm getting closer!

4 comments:

Patou Alpacas said...

Good luck at the National guys.
If you do manage to get hold of James can you get him to ring me, I'll do like wise. He is a bit elusive!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Thanks and no problem, if I managed to get hold of James! Aren't you doing your own?

Patou Alpacas said...

I will if I have to but to be honest it nearly killed me last year!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

It's far too scarey for me to do it. I had a go with one of our sheep last year and that scared me half to death!!