Wednesday 1 April 2009

And still we wait

It has been a glorious day today so what Molly is waiting for I have no idea. For anyone new to my blog, I have been waiting for Molly to give birth for a little while now!


She will be 349 days tomorrow and still happily ran for her tea this evening unlike Willow (who is 327 days) who is finding the late stages of pregnancy all very tiring.


Aria who is due on Easter Monday is having frequent bulges at her rear end and is looking like she is starting to think about it. If I had to put money on who would be next though I think I will go for Pepper, the other sheep!


I have spent most of the day in the field again, I've had the paddock cleaner out scrapped up all the hay from the mangers, cleaned out the weanlings shelter and the boys shelter and took a few more photos.
Above is Ursula and below Oonagh.

And this is Millie, who always puts her ears back the minute you get the camera out!

5 comments:

Knapper Alpakka said...

You got some beautiful alpacas there :-)

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Thank you. Hopefully there will be another one soon when Molly feels like unloading her baby!!

Patou Alpacas said...

Patience Debbie. When its ready it will come.

You must have the cleanest paddocks in the country!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Clean paddocks yes, patience no!

Lucy said...

Your cleaning puts us to shame - I scraped a pile of llama boy poo together with my foot the other day - for future pick up sometime... who knows when? That's how bad I am at it. Gerry does pick up some for the garden now and then...... llamas seem to produce mountains of the stuff (in their shed of course!)