Wednesday 29 April 2009

Happy Birthday Paul

Today is Paul's birthday, although he has been at work and is actually away on business down in London so not much of a birthday. Just in case he reads this on his blackberry Happy Birthday dear!

Still no babies to report, Aria is at 358 days and Kate 345 so both are over our personal herd average gestation period which is currently running at 344 days. This year looks like it is going to see that rise. I would be interested to know what other peoples averages are.

I nipped to the vets this afternoon with some fecal samples for work egg counts. I like to keep on top of things like this so I can check how worm burdens are doing and we don't have to worm for wormings sake.

My parents arrived yesterday for a couple of days. If I don't get to go to the National show because of birthing situations mum will be helping Paul with the animals and she wanted to make sure she could do teeth. So we had a quick halter session with the weanlings, I can see we are going to have fun with a couple of them who can be really good or really naughty!

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hi Debbie

Just on the subject of pregnancy dates, I have just worked out my two girls from last year and one carried for 338 days (Dusty) she had a Zakhura, female cria, the other carried for 336 days (Minstrel) she had Zanubis, boy cria. Unfortunately we lost our other pregnancy !....sadly....just for your interest !....hope your babies arrive soon !!....Jayne