Friday 10 April 2009

Another addition.............

Thankfully the weather was much better than we had been forecast, it was so warm this morning little Palm-Olive ran round without her coat. It was back on this afternoon though before the rain arrived.

Both Willow and Aria are looking much closer to birthing, Willow wasn't even interested in having much tea. You may recall I have predicted girls for both of them so fingers crossed I'll be right, I was with Molly a white girl was the guess there, so I'm running at 100% at the moment.

I thought you were supposed to go on Easter Egg hunts at Easter, not here it's a Easter lamb hunt. Our farmer friend Alan deposited another foster lamb over the fence today. Only problem is she keeps escaping, which is why he thought I should have her. It's only for the weekend!

She's managed to get out twice so far, it would have been more but I was quick off the mark. Poor little thing also recognised Alan's voice and pick up as he drove by and ran up the field fence line after him yelling.

Whilst on the subject of lambs I put the rings on mine today, the poor little boy Alta was rolling round the floor in agony. Luckily for me I only have one boy this year, I checked and double checked (and got Paul to check) that I had managed to get the necessary 'bits'. For those of you who haven't followed my blog since last year lets just say I didn't do a very good job of the lamb castration!

3 comments:

Patou Alpacas said...

You meanie!

Perry Wheeler said...

ouch!
I agree with Mark. The vet is less painful.
Sarah and Perry

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

See how it's only the chaps that complained about elastic bands!! I didn't like doing it but it has to be done and they soon forget. Castrating Hughie is something I am finding much more difficult to bring myself to arrange with the vet. Poor chap would love to get his way with the ladies.