Tuesday 18 August 2009

Knit one, purl one

The weather has not been pleasant most of today again so I have been doing a spot of knitting. I started a new hat pattern at the weekend and wanted to get it finished, which I have done.

I'm really pleased with it, just need to sew on the buttons then it can go into the shop. I've started a pair of matching gloves too. As summer seems to have left us now it will soon be into our busiest time for selling the knitwear so I need to get the stock levels up.

In between the downpours I did manage to get the trailer cleaned, I'd not got round to it from delivering my (well not mine anymore) little boys at the weekend. I spoke to Juliet, their new owner, this evening to see how they were getting on and all is well. I should see Aodhfin and Horatio at the Westmorland Show next month as they are going to show them there.

Oonagh, our last girl due to birth has spent most of the day sat down today. She is at 334 days tomorrow which as regular readers will know is a good way on for her family line, as both her mum and grandma have always birthed quite early. I don't think Oonagh will be much longer, she is enormous, has milk and is excusably very grumpy.

2 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I hope all goes well for Oonagh, sounds like things are starting to prepare for the new arrival. Im very surprised that she has gone this long....fingers crissed for a little girl x.......Jayne

Patou Alpacas said...

Debbie,
You're great, keep up the good work!

Patouman