Tuesday 24 November 2009

Blowing a gale

When we went to bed last night it sounded like we were about to lose our roof, it was so windy. I was expecting to wake up to damage to a shelter or something.

Thankfully all was in order, the girls feed troughs had been blown about but other than that everything was present and correct. The wind hasn't died down any though, the weather man said it would have calmed down by this morning.

On top of the wind we have had yet more rain, it really is starting to get to me now. Everywhere is sooooooo muddy and the alpacas are filthy, with the odd exception. It must have been bad today because for the first time since being weaned the weanlings took to their shelter.

Talking of my little ones, poor little things are still humming away. They have usually quietened down a bit by now but they seem to be much more vocal this year. Mums have already moved on!

I thought you might like to see some of the fabulous knitting Carol dropped off for me on Monday. She has also done a white scarf of the same pattern but not a wide which is lovely.
On the point of knitting, you will be pleased to hear I finished the scarf I was knitting too, at last.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Knitting looks lovely....poor babies on their own in this weather..it dosen't take long for the mums to move on does it !...we are also being battered by the winds....alpacas are all tucked up in bed !....I think ....I hope so anyway.....Jayne