Wednesday 11 November 2009

A date has been set

It has been a very mixed day today, but with the forecast for the next few days pretty terrible I thought I'd best get the cria weighed before they were sopping wet.

Now that the babies are getting older and the nutritional value of the grass is diminishing the weight gain is slowing, with the exception of our youngest cria Kealani who is now 18.9kg and doing very well on mum, Oonagh's milk - she's a chip off the old block. Oonagh is Blossoms first daughter.

The first batch of weaning will be done at the end of the month, which means that there is only limited time for some lucky person to purchase Molly and her daughter, Palm-Olive at their current very competitive price of £6,750 + VAT.

Palm-Olive is sired by the well renown stud Accoyo Remarque who has produced many ribbon winning progeny. Molly is currently pregnant to our elite white stud Gianmarco's Masterpiece so we are expecting great things for her in the spring.

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Ah.. weaning, is it that time already !..nice to read that Kealani is doing well..do you have any recent photos !..I can't believe that Zeto is only 4.5kgs lighter than her !.. I thought he was doing well but that's hard to believe !!.....Jayne

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I think she was 3 weeks to the day older than Zeto wasn't she (DOB 01/09/09)? I will put a photo on for your tonight!

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I think so...Zeto was born on the 24 Sept..so she is 23 days older...Im not being particular...I had to go and check the calendar. I think I'm suffering from 'getting old disease' (g.o.d).. look forward to the photos......Jayne