Thursday 29 April 2010

Happy birthday!

Today is Paul's birthday so after I'd done the early morning check on the girls I treated him to a bacon and duck egg sandwich on nice warm fresh bread whilst he opened his cards and presents.

Unfortunately he was off to work early so he didn't get to do anything special. We did go out for tea though this evening.

Sadly I am afraid that Pepper died early this morning so I now have two pet lambs to bottle feed. The poor little things have been yelling all day, I have shut them in the shelter for the time being until they get used to being bottle fed then hopefully they will be able to go back out with the others.

In my heart of hearts I didn't think she would make it yesterday, Pepper is never off her food and she just looked unhappy. It is so sad, she was a pet but there is no dignified send off and burial, legislation doesn't allow for that.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

So sorry about Pepper, Debbie - it is hearbreaking.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Oh...Im sorry to read about Pepper..its very sad...indeed...its never easy loosing...your animals....especially when the're pets.....:-( I hope the little lambs are ok...for you....

Happy B'Day Paul !......Jayne

Patou Alpacas said...

Sorry to hear that Debbie, life is a s**t sometimes.

Happy Birthday to baldy.

oak haven alpacas said...

I am so sorry about Pepper. Poor little babies. That's the hard part of farming life, for sure.

Hilary Cross said...

Sorry to hear about Pepper - hope her lambs are grand.