Thursday 22 April 2010

Sun bathing

It has been another lovely day today, all the animals have enjoyed a spot of sunbathing. To be honest I think a few of the girls have been a little too hot. Mary and Willow have been sat down in the shade most of the day.

I scrubbed and refilled the girls water this morning as they are drinking a fair bit at the minute and I like to keep it clean and fresh. I hate to see fields with dirty water.

I got the weanlings old field harrowed this morning and the bits of dead grass and straw have been removed so hopefully that will recover as soon as it gets a bit of water on it, not that I really want it to rain.

As I've not shared any lamb photos with you yet I thought you might like to see some of this years additions. Here we have Pepper and her two tup lambs.Here we have Ruby and Annie.I haven't got a nice photo of Ebony's lamb yet. He is a real bruiser, although the poor little thing got pecked by the crows on Wednesday morning. Then this morning I went into the field to find exactly the same thing had happened to Pepper's white lamb. Horrible crows, maybe I should suggest to Paul he has crow pie to get rid of them - only kidding Jayne!

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Oh... Debbie..I think it might stick in your throat...any way..you'd be spittin feathers..!!..Jayne

Patou Alpacas said...

Tasty looking lambs Debbie.

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

You'll be in trouble with Jayne for saying that Mark!