Tuesday 26 April 2011

Pronking parade

The temperature has certainly dropped today, but no sign of any rain which some of the fields are crying out for.

I thought with Paul busy at work I'd have a sneaky go of the tractor.  I was all pleased with myself when it started first time and unlike Paul I didn't need to call for advice.  Things then went down hill as I couldn't work out how to  lift the forks which Paul had pointed down to the floor. 

I spent most of the day in the field, birthing time is a great excuse to spend all day with the alpacas without a single twinge of guilt.  At one point there was a mass pronk, the girls (almost all of them) where looking very elegant pronking round their field with the weanlings in the neighbouring field pronking round too.

Here's Gabby just making sure she's still got a following!
Little Miss Irraquoy got a little carried away with things and tried to get the new baby to join in, however Lualeni didn't appreciate her baby being jumped on and a bit of a tussle errupted.

Just because I know how much you all love looking at cria photo's here are a couple more I took this afternoon.  As you will see baby is now almost fully up on her feet now which is great news.  She is also putting on weight nicely and now weighs 6.72kg.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's gorgeous, I wish ours were ready to come out and greet the world.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I think Paul didn't want you driving his nice new tractor !!..it was a plan !...lovely photos..of your new baby....and her name is .....?......Jayne

Jenny said...

She's so very pretty :-)