Sunday 27 June 2010

Don't panic I'm back!

I have returned safely from my trip back to Nottingham and am pleased to report that not only did Paul manage to feed himself he also managed to feed all the animals and water my tomatoes, potatoes and raspberry's.

It is his turn to be away now and as I type he is on his way to London for an early meeting tomorrow.

Whilst I was away, Paul received a call from a very pleased Juliet at Lavender Bee Alpacas to say that Aria had given birth to a lovely solid brown girl from Golden Guinea. Doesn't she look lovely, well done Aria and Guinea. It sounds like she is like our other Guinea cria and very friendly already which is always nice.
Talking of Mr Guinea, he had a job to do today here. We are so pleased with Meketaten, our Nefertiti and Guinea cria we have repeated the mating agaain this year. Before Guinea got to do the nice bit though he had some sit off's to do on the girls we mated last week. Fabulous news all four spat, or in Willow's case whimpered and panicked which means get him away from me quick!
Alice also spat off which is three weeks on the trot now so fingers crossed she is pregnant to Legend of Spartacus with a cria at foot from Gianmarco's Masterpiece. She would be a fabulous addition for someone looking to top quality alpacas. I really don't want to part with her, if only I'd sold my house and had more land!

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Another lovely little girl !..Guinea is doing you proud !....fantastic result after his accident last year !........Jayne