Tuesday 9 March 2010

Milly declares Spring

It has been another dry fine day the the fields are really drying out now, hopefully not too much longer to wait until the grass starts going - OK I know that is a little wishful thinking!

Milly declared Spring today, she had her first paddle in the water trough! I thought she was taking things a little bit far but I was out this morning for the first time this year without my overalls on, so maybe she thought she would go one better.

We sold Milly a little while ago and she will be heading off to her new home with Aria and Heidi at the end of the month. I will miss Milly as she is such a funny girl to watch.

Kealani is still missing her mum, poor little thing is humming away. She hasn't shown any interest in the feed yet but she's eating plenty of hay so I'm not too worried about her. I will weigh her at the end of the week and see how she is doing. Oonagh isn't missing her daughter, she knows she has a cria inside that now need all her efforts.

No comments: