Thursday 20 November 2008

Hay boys come here!

As it was a dry morning after everyone had been fed I thought I would have a wrestle with the large round bale and fill up all the mangers, hay nets and bag up a little spare in preparation for the bad weather that is forecast.

The bale is covered in the boys field and as soon as it was opened and uncovered they were there like a shot! Loki and Legend were queueing up, and not wanting to miss out Hughie was hot on their heels. It took Marky a little longer to wonder over but there were soon four mouths munching whilst I filled the bags.

I also had the five lambs yelling and looking hopefully over the fence; well Mia in true Mia style tried to climb the fence. Some people have no patience. Don't worry they got their share too.

I have also been sewing in Barnacre labels into the latest knitwear ready for the Wentworth craft fair over at Hexham the weekend after next. I'm quite looking forward to it, it will be the first one of the Christmas season.

No comments: