Wednesday 4 March 2009

Gaussian knew what was coming

I have been busy with excel spreadsheets and paperwork today, not my favourite job but someone has to do it. Thankfully Paul is usually the paper work man so I don't have to do much of it other than the husbandry reports and fibre statistics.

Chiquita has a bit of a sore leg so she needed some cream on at lunchtime, she is very well behaved and will happily stand whilst I do the necessary. However Tessa, one of our regular manure collectors called at just the right time, so she was able to hold her whilst I had a good look, and I'm pleased to say it is looking much better already.

This evening Gaussian happily stood for me to put on his pyjama's, he doesn't usually like you fastening it up and putting the tail strap on. Tonight though he obviously knew that the weather was about to turn as he was very cooperative. It is now snowing heavily - he must have been able to smell it!!

5 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Its marvellous they know when they want you to help them out..putting on Gaussions coat for the evening.

Thanks for the well wishes for Zonda..its looking like a slow, long old process...just when you think things are due to get better. You never know whats round the corner, do you !...we're keeping our fingers crossed...but are worried to say the least.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

You have snow.....we are forecast it, but mainly on the west, its back to being cold though!
I thought I could smell the spring last week!!....wishful thinking may be!..Jayne

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I thought the same but we are back to being snow covered - everyone made full use of their shelters last night. So cleaning duties required this morning!!

Lucy said...

I hope you mean a coat rather than pyjamas! If it is really pyjamas, pleeeeeeease post a pic!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

No I've not made Gaussian real pj's, but that's a thought :-) ! He only wears his coat at night now so it's been renamed pyjamas!