Sunday 1 February 2009

Snow flurries

We have had snow flurries on and off all day today and it has been absolutely freezing. Gaussian has been glad of his coat and his warm bottles - another litre of goats milk today! I'm sure it would have been cheaper to buy a goat than keep going to the supermarket. And before anyone asks, no I don't want a goat.

I thought today I would introduce Paul to the muck truck again, it's usually a job I do midweek whilst he's at work but I thought it was about time he had a go. I was going to say we are about on top of the girls field, but by now they will have visited every pile that was and replenished it!

I have been looking at the Futurity magazine that arrived yesterday, I'm really looking forward to the event again this year. If last year is anything to go by it will be fantastic.

It was nice to see the awesome EP Cambridge Accoyo Killawasi and Remarque as nominated sires. These are the herdsires to three of the cria currently being carried by the girls we have for sale. Remarque is Millie's sire and she certainly has her fathers striking looks and dense fleece.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Debbie. Have you tried lacto-fermenting the goats milk to make it live? Just wondering if Gaussian would benefit - I mean making it a bit yoghurty. I wonder if it would give his digestion a boost? Just an idea - feel free to ignore!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Somebody else suggested I try him on natural yoghurt if he goes off the milk again. At the minute he is being a good boy and putting on weight and taking his bottle(she says with her fingers crosed) so I am back to trying to get him on the cria food.

If this fails I will give it a try, thanks.