Tuesday 19 May 2009

Eye's wide open

I had all good intentions last night to post a blog but I'm afraid by the time I had finished doing what needed to be done I couldn't keep my eyes open!

Firstly, I am pleased to report that progress is still going well with Golden Guinea. He is now standing and walking round for up to ten minutes and is much steadier on his feet. He is almost trying a run now too - again prompted by the weanlings, in particular Sienna. He has always had a soft spot for her, he'll get to see her close up and personal next year!

Aria's baby, who we have named Heidi is doing well, and is putting on weight. It has been nice today so I took her coat off for a while which seemed to please her.

We weighed Palm-Olive again yesterday and she is gaining nicely. I also had a good luck at her fleece which is developing into something very special - I wish she were staying. You may recall she is Molly's baby who is one of the girls we have for sale.

I have spent a fair bit of time in the paddock today with the girls, I was actually using the time to dig out some weeds. I was sort of hopeful that Kate might have been thinking about having her baby. She's been sat down more than usual today and there was a lot of grumbling going on. No baby though, she's another one that will reach the year mark tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Glad GG is doing well - it is such a worry when the big guys are not on top form. Sounds like Palm-Olive is thriving too. The name has stuck, then?