Friday 8 May 2009

It's a boy!

I'm pleased to announce the safe arrival of a little white boy this morning. He is from a brown mum and a white dad but before all you enthusiastic alpaca breeders start complaining that you are still waiting for your girls to produce, so am I. It was one of the hogs that was 'got' accidentally!

Here is Ebony and her new son. Hopefully it wont be long before he's playing with the other lambs.


On the alpaca front there has been no movement with the girls, well there is plenty of ripples and kicking but no birthing.



Paul is now on his way down to Newark with the show team without me! I'm really disappointed not to have been able to go, but with three girls overdue I just can't aford to leave the farm. You can bet nothing will occur now.

2 comments:

Rob @ Wellground said...

Good luck at the show Debbie. Not sure who's in your show team, but I bet it's a good team.

Rob and Les

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hi Debbie
Congratulations on your new arrival, also Good Luck for your pending show, Im sorry that you could not go, but as you said you can't afford to be away.....you've waited this long....this could be the weekend it all happens....Jayne