Monday 8 August 2011

A trip to the hill

As work was supposed to be starting on the hill lat Thursday we wanted to head off up there to make sure things were finally getting underway.  We had planned to go at the weekend but we ran out of daylight hours!

We took Carol and Dave along to have a look, I thought they might find a nice spot to sit knitting and carding.  As you can see you can only just spot Carol & I the grass is so long!
It looks like Dave likes this view down to the little footbridge and the hay field.

The hay has all been baled and just needs a nice big shed to go in - get on with it planners before it gets ruined.  Hopefully it will get piled up very soon so at least we can get a sheet over it.


And just to prove things are finally happening here is the digger, I was checking to see if they'd left the keys in as I thought I might help them along a bit.

We were working out where everyone is going to go.  The girls will initially go onto the hay field and the sheep have a little paddock waiting for them already. I just need to sort myself a caravan out now!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely spot of countryside for you and Paul and the animals. Might have to lower the fences for me to get over though!
Carol

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Is that you on the digger !..Debbie !!.....how very dare you....your land looks great and I bet you can't wait to get that house on the hill (or caravan for the time being)......Jayne

Rosemary said...

What a wonderful place! Looking forward to seeing all the progress pictures!