Tuesday 23 June 2009

Hot hot hot

It has been very hot here today and we seem to have been invaded by flies which is not pleasant.

The girls were so hot at lunchtime, whilst I was scrubbing out the water troughs again (they keep climbing in and they are constantly dirty!) I put the sprinkler on for them. Geena loves it and wouldn't let anyone else share for quite some time, Angelus then spoilt all the fun by sitting on it.

One of the cria, Tenzing, was getting very confused by the whole thing. He couldn't make out why it was raining at a funny angle, you could see him trying to work out what was going on.

Gabby's little boy is such a cutie, I thought he might dry light fawn but he has dried white, with a little brown spot on one leg. Where that came from I don't know as dad was white and mum fawn.

To try and keep the flies at bay I have cleaned the paddock again, I try and do it most days although that is not always possible. I need to do the weanlings field tomorrow because I ran out of time today. There are never enough hours in the day.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Nice to see the new baby and mum doing well, hows Hughie, we too have had a hot day today, James comes on 3rd for shearing, so we are feeling the heat up here...Jayne