Tuesday 9 June 2009

That's my girl



I thought I would share with you this picture I took this morning of Blossom and Zahirah just to prove that bonding has not been an issue for Blossom.

We were very concerned about taking her cria away on Friday but to be perfectly honest if we hadn't she would never have survived, there was almost nothing left when we separated them.

Today has seen another vast improvement, when I reunited them this morning Zahirah ran to mum and went straight to the milk bar, well she found it eventually! She has been suckling on and off all day and hasn't has anywhere near as much milk from me. At tea time she was totally uninterested in her bottle which is good.

4 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

FANTASTIC !!....a picture paints a thousand words.....brilliant job Debbie, now over to mother and nature to do the rest x....Jayne

Knapper Alpakka said...

A job well done, Debbie!

janet said...

That is fantastic, WELL DONE you.It is really good to see Blossom and Zahirah together.xx

Lucy said...

Such a lovely picture!