Monday 5 September 2011

Alpaca chatter

I have had a lovely day today chatting with four completely different people interested in four different alpaca related matters

The first was a lovely lady interested in some of our Barnacre wool which she is going to come and fetch.  I don't sell much wool as I like to turn everything into end garments so I can follow each animal from star to finish.

Another lady called round to pick up a lovely scarf that she'd ordered knitted in Ursula and Nefertiti.  Whilst she was here she had her eye on some of my yarn which was on the table!

I have also been speaking to a lovely lady about some alpacas we have for sale and a couple that will be released soon.  Anyone that knows me knows I'm not very good at the parting with them bit so it takes Paul a while to get me to agree.

I have also been chatting to a fellow blogger/tweeter about fleece processing, it is always good to talk to other about your experiences, it benefits everyone in the long run.

Just incase you read this Paul I have also been very busy working on the job list, honest!!!!

5 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Sounds like you have had a busy productive day......that Barnacre wheel wouldn't turn without you !.......Jayne

Unknown said...

Alpaca Chatter counts as work in my book...what ever Paul might tell you!

Bev said...

It all sounds like good business to me. I'd love to know who you decide to go to for processing, as we are researching options right now. With a small number of fleeces all the processors we've found so far seem really expensive.

Rosemary said...

I am amazed you have had time for any more of the job list!

Llama Karma said...

Thanks for the advice, phone calls made, samples on the way, will keep you updated on progress. Alpaca is definitely work and we have spent most of today working very hard at it!