Tuesday 13 September 2011

Knitting stash

I was slightly concerned about what might greet me in the field this morning after the terrible winds overnight.  Thankfully other than an over turned hay heck and bench and having to gather a few feed toughs all was well.  The girls had decided that it wasn't a good idea to sleep under the trees last night and had settled in the middle of the field.

I thought they'd said that the winds were supposed to be dropping this afternoon; I think someone forgot to tell the wind.

Mum and I nipped over to see Carol this afternoon and pick up her knitting, and my word was it worth the visit, she has knitted loads, 3 baby hats, one lady's hat, 3 pairs of fingerless mitts to mention just a few.  Mum is also doing a cracking job knitting this week, having already done two pairs of gloves and she is now on the fingers on the second glove of the third pair.

We are at the Whalton Show this weekend with the alpacas and four of our sheep for the sheep race.  It is well worth a visit if you are in the area, fingers crossed for a calmer weekend.

No comments: