Thursday 1 September 2011

Meet Dave

I've been promising to introduce our latest additions for a few nights now and failed.  Not tonight, here they are; meet Dave and his ladies.


They are cream crested legbars and are producing us some fantastic blue eggs.  Dave is the first cockerel we've ever had, he is a real stunner and quite friendly, so far he is also very quiet.

My parents have headed home today, mum has a list of knitting to get done before she comes back next week so I'm sure dad will be cracking the whip for me.  He didn't get off scott free as I sent him home with a little job too!!!

Brinley is now eating hard feed, that now means that all the cria are eating Camelibra which is good, I've never had a complete bunch of cria eating herd feed so quickly.

5 comments:

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

"What a difference a Dave makes!" - at least that's what the slogan on a tee-shirt my daughter gave me for my birthday says.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I like Dave and his ladies....they look lovely !.....we've been waiting for his introduction on the blog !......Jayne

Shirley said...

Lovely looking birds Debbie. Hope Dave and his 'big society' enjoy their new home! Take care. Shirley & Robbie

Anna Kelly said...

They are lovely Debbie. I have some too but not old enough to lay yet.

Denise said...

I've got Cream Legbars and they are great,very friendly, though my cockerel, Cornflakes, is far from quiet though