Tuesday 6 September 2011

No wheels on my wagon

I had arranged to take my car in today to have some new brakes as they are in need of attention.

Living out in the middle of nowhere always makes things like this become a bit of a major job.  I had enlisted the help of Carol to pick me up from the garage and take me back later to pick it up.  The plan was I'd spend a couple of hours with Carol doing some knitting (flip top mittens as I've sold out!) and then we could go back to get my car.

However shortly after lunch I received a call to say they had been sent the wrong parts so the car wouldn't be ready until tomorrow.  Thankfully Carol agreed to take me back home, via the field to feed everyone. 

My mode of transport tomorrow morning will be the quad so please pray for a dry morning.  Just to make it even worse my wellies and waterproofs are in the boot of the car!

On the plus side I did pick up 5 pairs of baby socks, as scarf and a pair of fingerless mitts from Carol and added a couple more things to her 'To Knit' list.

I have been chatting to a lovely lady again today, in a moment of madness I did something yesterday which I know is going to end up in tears.......

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I hope its dry for your morning duties.......I think I know....what your moment of maddness was.....and I bet you are right.....tissues on the ready !!......Jayne