Tuesday 3 August 2010

Stock collection

I managed to finish cleaning and cutting the girls resting field today so once Paul got home this evening he whizzed round with the harrow. We have some rain forecast for tomorrow so if it arrives at least the field is ready for it!

Mum and I popped over to see Carol this afternoon, I took her some of the black yarn I have spun following Dave's carding sessions. We found her busy knitting in her summer house, I think Dave probably thought she would be doing a spot of weeding, but I won't tell if you don't.

She has been super busy with the knitting needles, I bought some lovely new pieces home with me. Mum has also been knitting whilst she has been here and I've told her she can't leave tomorrow until she's finished the pair of gloves she's currently working on.

The three youngest cria continue to gain weight nicely, Mimimus has now passed the birth weight of our 'normal sized' cria which feels good. He still looks really small though.

Oonagh now has a bag full of milk, she is at 327 days and is looking like she won't reach 347 which is when she birthed last year. The only other girl we have left to birth is Katia who is at 350 and not looking like she is in any rush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw Debbie, now I'm in trouble about the lack of weeding......
I did enjoy you and your mum visiting, lots of knitting talk and ideas......
Carol
ps Dave says she could have had some beetroot as it is ready so next time she's over she can pick some.....