Monday 2 August 2010

Walking disinfectant bottle

I seem to smell like a walking disinfectant bottle today. After it's trip out at the weekend I had to clean out the trailer, so out came the mats and dividing gate and in went the disinfectant and pressure washer.

Bio security is something we are very strict with, so cleaning the trailer inside and out after after use is a must. As it was bin day I thought I'd do that too whilst I was at it!

Next on the list was to finish off cleaning and cutting the girls previous field so mum and I set about it. It took us ages but my dad did come out with a cup of tea and a biscuit for us, although he wouldn't let us have five minutes rest to drink it. Carol (my knitting friend) has been witness to my dad's slave driving so she will vouch for me.

We haven't actually finished the job off as we ran out of petrol so I will have to finish off once I have filled the patrol cans - all very annoying as the sooner it is cut and clean the sooner it will begin to recover.

It is Chiquita's 3rd birthday today. I can't believe it is three years since Willow (her mum) and I were in a panic in the field. Willow couldn't work out what on earth was poking out her back end and I was worrying it was taking far too long. Chiquita now has a baby of her own, little Minimus.

2 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

How time..moves on !!....Happy Birthday Chiquita !....and she has a lovely baby of her own..now !....Jayne

Rosemary said...

She certainly has a lovely baby of her own!
Running out of petrol is a constant theme here!