Monday 5 January 2009

The all clear

I didn't think I was ever going to get on here tonight. Paul has been working on the NEBAG (North East & Border Alpaca Group) website where he has just set up a blog for members to use. It was doing something it shouldn't and he has been cursing it. Now he's not about I can tell you!! So any fellow NEBAG members please make sure you use it or I'll never hear the end of it.

We had good news back from the vets today regarding the post-mortem, all the viral tests came back negative, so no BVD or any other nasties. Not that we were expecting any, but it is always nice to get confirmation all is ok; we are clean. Sadly it will remain an unexplained loss.

Thank you to all those who have offered advice on Gaussian, I have lots of suggestions to try so I will keep you posted. I am determined he is not going to beat me, I think we are having a battle of wills.

The alpacas Christmas present arrived today, another 10 foot Hay Manger. They will have a bit more space and it will hopefully save me filling them twice a day! Although I am sure if I left a big round bale out in a day they would eat the lot. It is always the same few that get settled in front of their respective bag or manger and just eat and eat and eat.

2 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Im pleased you have some good news, although, there are always unanswered questions, no nasties to report, always reassuring.
Its always nice to know for some peace of mind.
I bet the new hay-manger is going down a treat in this weather !..and thank goodness for thermal undies !!.....Jayne

Anonymous said...

Hello Debbie, Gladto hear the new manger is there. hope it does not take you too long to fill it up, and hope it does not empty too quick also.I do hope Gaussian decides to eat properly and put some weight on and keep it on.