Sunday 4 January 2009

More vitamins for Gaussian

Yesterdays positive weight gain for Gaussian was short lived, today he has almost lost all the grams he had gained yesterday. He really is a worry, we gave him a B12 injection today which seems to help Chiquita last year when she hit a plateau last year, hopefully it will have the same effect on Gaussian this year. As Paul is back to work tomorrow and I have no mum to help, I don't think I will manage to weigh him on my own, so it will have to wait until the weekend for an update.

Rob at Wellground Alpacas has suggested trying lucerne haylage, I already have some on order so we will see if that helps any; not that he is very interested in hay most of the time.

The fencing has progressed today, I meant to take the camera out to show you what we are doing now but I forgot. I'll try and remember one day in the week. We had the usual supervision, Hughie, making sure we did a good job.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hi Debbie,

I have sent you an email re Gaussian, and a suggestion to try for his weight gain and condition, hope you don't mind, I used it and it really helped, thought I'd pass it on to you.....Jayne