Saturday 8 August 2009

Hay that's mine!

I thought I would nip on the computer early tonight before Paul hogs it as usual and I end up blogging sometime near midnight!

We've had a tiring day moving hay round, picking up the bales, loading, unloading, stacking and re stacking. Oh to have a big barn or hay loft; we have to stack ours in any space we can find, the garage, empty shelters and then the overflow Alan (farmer friend) will store somewhere and hopefully not use it before I need it!

We have 82 bales scattered round the place this year which should keep us going for a while. I was after 100 but in between us leaving with a trailer load and emptying it someone went and helped themselves to some that had my name on. Alan always says it's like watching the vulchars coming over the hill.

It has been really really hot so the herd have been lazing round most of the day, Oonagh is quite clearly struggling in the heat. She wouldn't even get up this evening to come in for any tea so Paul took it to her, not that she could even be bothered with it then. I will be keeping a very close eye on her tomorrow just in case. She's now at 324 days.

Talking of tea, Heidi has begun eating hard feed today. Friday lunchtime she decided to try the sugarbeet and likes that so I hoped it would only be a matter of time before she tried the camelibra.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Thats just typical, someone taking your hay !!....I put our hay in last week, 64 big round ones, It took us two days !!.....with my mam and dad, helping !!....the horses are trying to help them selves already !!......Jayne