Sunday 10 January 2010

The big thaw

Maybe I am being a bit too positive with the title, but after all yesterdays comments (thank you, it's nice to know there are people out there reading!)about my moaning I thought I should be more positive today.

With good reason though, there has definitely been some thawing going on today which is great news for everyone. Even the girls water trough had thawed out so that was one less that needed to be filled manually.

Alan, our farming friend, popped round for a coffee this morning and delivered the biggest bale I have ever seen. It is a very large rectangular one this time as he is still unable to get to his next supply of round ones because of the snow and his sheep are eating them as fast as he drops them off the forks.

We have given the youngsters their AD&E vitamin past today, thankfully they are all quite keen on it so it isn't a difficult job. I was met at the fence line by Loki as soon as he saw it so he got a little bonus taste, he loves the stuff!

I am quite lucky as a few of the herd really like the sweet taste and will take it voluntarily from the tube, it makes life so much easier when you don't have to wrestle and fight to get the tube in their mouths.

No comments: