Friday 29 January 2010

That's what friends are for

Can you believe it, we had more snow this morning. I was busy filling the hay nets and mangers and it started and absolutely threw it down. By the time I had finished the fields were white again. Needless to say Kealani's coat has stayed on today.

Thankfully the sun came out later and most of it had now gone; thank goodness for that. We've already had more than our fair share of snow for one winter!

I called in to see friends Carol and Dave this morning. They are regular manure collectors and Carol knits for me (very quickly!). We had a lovely chat and I collected Carols latest creations, 2 ladies hats, a baby hat, two pairs of fingerless mittens and 2 scarves.

Whilst chatting I mentioned that I was hoping to get a new spinning wheel and planned to spin some more fleece myself. Carol kindly volunteered Dave to do some carding for me (once I had explained the process), so I had more time for spinnig. Poor Dave, I'm not sure he will be thanking her for that one.

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Sounds like you have plenty of helpers !...you need a Drum Carder !!....I know where there is one !!..Zeto has quite a big fleece, it will be interesting to see just how much he has by shearing time !!....mind you, its needed at the moment....bring on the summer ........Jayne

Anonymous said...

I think it will be relaxing for Dave to do (when he's come in from the garden!). Your mum and I need a good supply of wool with all your ideas.
PS Your egg I had this morning for breakfast gets 10/10, thank the hens for me!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I keep looking at drum carders but they are so expensive, especially as I need a new spinning wheel too.

Glad you worked out how to comment Carol and you liked your egg!