Monday 11 January 2010

Positively tropical

This morning was positively tropical here, for the first time in well over a month I didn't have to break ice on a single water trough!!

I even had to remove my hat whilst carrying fresh supplies of hay to the girls; it's still not possible to push the wheelbarrow through the snow. There have definitely been signs of improvement though, the thaw is continuing.

In fact where the snow has melted off the fence posts in the boys field and run down there are a number of posts with an inch of grass starting to poke though. Hughie was first to notice and took full advantage. It was bound to be Hughie, he doesn't miss a thing, especially if it is edible!

The new super large hay bale passed the quality control test of the girls this morning. They were tucking in to as fast as I could fill up the mangers this morning. I can see this bale isn't going to last long either.

With the weather for us finally forecast to be able freezing for the next few days hopefully our snow is now on it's way out. It sounds like it may be the turn of down south for a few days.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Wow Debbie...hat off, Hughie eating grass, you'll be telling me the daffodils are poking through the snow in a minute....I can't believe it !!!!!!!!! ......Jayne