Thursday 7 January 2010

A first for the week

Despite waking to even more snow this morning and having to dig my way in to all the field gates things have at least not deteriorated during daylight hours. We have had no more snow since dawn which is a start.

The huge amounts of snow on the field shelter roofs was beginning to worry me. The weight was causing some sagging so it was out with the ladders and a brush, the weanlings found this most entertaining.

I am sure this cold weather has a lot of our Barnacre Knitwear customers glad of there woollies. I had a phone call from a customer today who was so pleased with the hats she received for herself and her children for Christmas, that she has ordered some ridge boots.

I have just finished a hat this evening, a new line for 2010, so you will have to wait a few days until I can get a nice picture of it. So now I can make a start on the boots. The weather is not set to improve so it is a good excuse to sit in front of the fire with the knitting needles!

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Sounds like a good idea...knitting by the fire !...I think that I might also be out with a brush to move some snow off the roof......Jayne