Wednesday 22 September 2010

At the risk of being called a nerd!

In between nursing and fetch it carry it duties I have been immersing myself in fleece stats today.

We have received this years fleece results from Yocom-McColl and I love to contemplate and compare, it's the nerd in my Dave!

Our finest cria from last years comes as no surprise, Sandstorm, our fawn boy from Little Miss Irraquoy. I'd estimated he would be about 16 microns, close he was 15.3 with only 0.4% over 30.

I won't bore you with all the facts and figure but I will just share one of our elite white stud boy, Gianmarco's Masterpeice's stats, 19.9ADF 4SD 19.9CV 1.7%>30 - not bad for a four year old working male eh! He has produced us and clients some fantastic cria this year too.

On a much lighter note, I promised to share with you some photos of the sheep race trophy we won at the weekend. Well here are the proud winners








4 comments:

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

That's exactly what stats are for Debbie - you go girl! Sandstorm is doing LMI proud, and is that really 10micron for GM? Hope Paul is improving.

oak haven alpacas said...

Oh I love fiber stats day! It's a day we sit and compare and discuss and pick future breeding pairs as a result. :)

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Good spot Dave - I thought I'd see if anyone was reading! I've now corrected it :-)

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Excellent fleece stats..Sandstorm will be a very 'fine' Macho !! The sheep are looking very proud with their trophy !!...nice photo !....Jayne