Tuesday 7 September 2010

The last cria of the year

I thought I'd woken in the middle of the night this morning it was so dark, in fact it stayed dreary until mid morning. Great excuse to sit knitting!!!

I have been waiting in for a couple of courier collecting fleeces to go down south and coursework for some of Paul's many students. Can you believe the collection window was between 9am and 7pm! The fleeces didn't get picked up until 6.30 either so I'd not dare venture far in case I missed the courier.

It did mean I managed to finish of the gloves I was knitting so that's another pair for the stall at the weekend; hopefully it won't get blown away.

I received a phone call from Lavender-Bee Alpacas this evening to say that Milly had given birth to a stunning female cria from Gianmarco's Masterpiece. I'm looking forward to seeing her.

That was the last cria due from our boys this year, they boys have done us proud, we are really pleased. Gianmarco has had 3 boys, 2 white and 1 fawn and 2 white girls. Legend has had five white cria 3 boys and 2 girls and Guinea has had 3 boys and 3 girls, all fawn or brown.

I've just been looking at the mating statistics for this year and the first two girls mated Sienna and Malika are exactly a third of the way through their pregnancy's today.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

A lovely mix of cria - you have had a very good year! And you must kn it very fast - I managed the rib bit today and that is all!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I'm slow Rosemary, I have done nothing all day but feed the pacas and knit!