Sunday 12 September 2010

Berwick Slow Food Festival

To say we are tired is an understatement, Both Paul & I and the boys (Loki, Sandstorm & Tenzing) have been none stop all weekend at the Berwick Slow Food Festival.

It was a lovely weekend, we met lots of very nice people who took great delight in enjoying the alpacas, our knitwear went down very well too. I now need to get the on-line shop up to date before anybody tries to buy things I sold over the weekend, there were a number of people who were planning to look on-line.

We spoke to a few people who were thinking of getting, or looking into keeping alpacas who were very keen to know about our young boys that will be available later in the year. Having friendly relaxed animals at a show like this is a great way to show the public what a great experience alpaca ownership can be.

It was only Tenzing and Sandstorms second outing and they were very well behaved letting the public stroke and inspect their fabulous fleeces. Loki being an old hand it these 'away days' was happy to lay in front guarding the hay net all day.

Mum has coped superbly looking after everything at home for me, Rory was a good boy for her having most of his bottles.

I kept both mum and Carol updated with the latest knitting sales so they can make a start on replenishing the stocks ready for the next outing which is actually next weekend at the Whalton Show.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Well done, Debbie! Sounds like a great weekend, kept thinking about you in a tent!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Thanks for thinking of me Rosemary. The beer festival was on so a trip into the beer tent helped our night under the stars! Although saying that I didn't dare drink much due to our lack of toilet facilities!!

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Sounds like a great weekend....had by all...glad to hear the boys...did you proud !!.....Jayne

do you mind if i knit said...

It was lovely to meet you and the Alpacas on Saturday. I've been wearing my mittens I bought from you, they're soooo soft! I mention you on my blog post today, thought you'd like to know. Vanessa x