Saturday 25 September 2010

Milky mush

Not a lot to report today so I thought I would share a couple of photo's with you.

Every herd has one, and many of the regular readers will know that our girl that is most difficult to deal with is Kate. Kate has a fabulous grey fleece which has won ribbons which is why we put up with temperamental behaviour. Luckily for me she likes men even less than she like me!
Anyway this year Kate has a male cria, Ochre, at foot which has thankfully inherited his sire's (Golden Guinea) pleasant nature. In fact Ochre has to be one of the nosiest cria we have ever had. He had no fear and will run up to anyone or anything to investigate it, he causes many of the local horse riders grief by running along side them in his field which usually spooks the horse.
Here is Ochre having an early tea this evening......
Until that was he saw me with the camera and came to show off his milk mush!

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

What a picture !!..Brilliant !..he looks a real character.....Jayne

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Reminds me of the Bodingtons(?) advert with the actress who's name escapes me - 'by 'eck that's good'.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

This knitting lark is a non stop...mallarki !!.....Jayne :-)